Before leaving for the Netherlands, Amanda and I worked on adding a little flair to our 3D printed type component of our dynamic signage. Neither of us really had any Rhino (and zero Grasshopper) experience before this class. So, fumbling around we managed to somewhat create a network of patches in Grasshopper that got a result that we were looking for. Problem was that some of the letters are comprised of two paths, one that is the negative space in the other.
With Ryan’s help we managed to get our network of patches the last 20% of the way to doing exactly what we wanted, especially in regards to knocking out the negative spaces from the more compound shapes.
Here’s some images of the type component in Rhino and an overview of the network in Grasshopper.