Nov. 25, 2014

We cut out the totality of the dots we’ll be using in the .25″ lollipop pink acrylic from Acrylite.

Everything cut.

Everything cut.

Out cut settings were the following for future reference:

  • Power: 60
  • Speed: 100
  • Auto Hz
  • Passes: 3
  • Air: On
  • IPC: Accuracy, HQ Checked

We also cut some very small (.0625 radius) spacer pegs in the 1/8″ plexi, but, they were just a tad too short to allow enough space between the two panes for plexiglass for the LEDs to fit. So, we’ll have to cut pegs out of the .25″ pink stuff we have left, and we can increase the radius of each peg by double (to .125″).

Little plexiglass spacer pegs.

Little plexiglass spacer pegs.

Tested the acrylic solvent cement with the pegs, and it works extremely well: bonds quickly and bonds clearly.

Cement and light test with pegs inserted. No shadows.

Cement and light test with pegs inserted. No shadows.

Also, worked on the Processing script with will take input from our little USB camera and detect motion. Currently the feed is divided into three section and will then fire a function to trigger some LED dynamism. Need to actually create the function that makes the Arduino PWM the LED strips, but the motion detection stuff—the hard part—is done, now all that is left is basically some fairly straight forward math.

Advertisements
Standard

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s